Yes, you heard right! Please don’t have kids if you have no time for them.
It saddens me when
- A little child is sent unescorted to catch a bus at the bus stop where the child indulges in all kinds of pranks including running in front of moving cars or dangling from dangerous places.
- A sick child is sent to school because no one is at home to take care.
- Small children play unsupervised near manholes, electric poles or poke their fingers in the eyes of a stray animal, likely to attack them back in all probability.
- Bullying kids pull up other kids, many times beating them or abusing them and then become meek and lying children when they are pulled up in front of their parents.
- When a child sits for hours in front of television, numerous gadgets, videogames because who listens to the babysitter or the grandparent. The disciplinarian is missing.
- When a child is pushed to follow a rigorous schedule immediately after coming back home from school read tuitions, numerous classes (the child might be too tired or not even interested in taking them) because they have to be “occupied” till the time parents can come home.
A child is a responsibility of its parents. There are studies to prove that the molding of a child’s character, eating habits, morals, behavior etc. happens in early childhood. As adults, many are fighting off dysfunctional traits as a result of bad habits inculcated during childhood.
Life is not easy! In homes with both parents working and a nuclear family setup, a child often becomes a liability more often. One good thing about progress is that most of us with privileges have the option not to have children. Please have children if you can devote time, attention and energy to them. Children always need time, not only when they are babies, toddlers, big kids, pre-teens, teens or young adults but always! Their needs change but their requirements from their parents of time, attention and energy stays. So know what you are getting into when you plan kids. Money comes way down in the list of things a child needs. Don’t think it will make up for all else that the child is losing in the bargain!
Image courtesy: Vlado / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
The following two tabs change content below.
Hi! I am a professional Content Writer and co-owner of a Technology startup, Tranquil Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd. I am a Major in Chemistry and MBA in Marketing Management from NMIMS, Mumbai. After having worked in Brand Management, I took a sabbatical when I had my kids. I did dabble in Teaching and Medical Transcription in my quest to balance my work-life after my kids. And finally I stumbled upon writing. Having started this blog in 2008, I ventured into professional content writing. And I continue to grow and work with some amazing people in the field of writing. This blog still continues to be a strong reflection of my thinking, opinions, perceptions and wisdom. I am mother to two bratty boys and a Labrador and loving wife to a wonderful man. I go the extra mile for friends and love a good conversation. Uncomplicated, I tend to open up easily to those close to me. I have lived around the world including the US and Europe. I don't have it all figured out, but I am enjoying the journey that is life!