Urban Clap is a mobile App available on both Android and IOS. It is a mobile services marketplace. In effect it helps to bring buyers and service providers together. I like the concept of the App as there are multiple services that we are always on a look out for. We want competent providers who are background checked and reliable to try. I live in a gated community and I am often looking for carpenters, plumbers, quality electricians, electronic appliances repair technicians and so on and so forth. I don’t feel like picking them off an online directory without prior reference checks and reviews.
That is where Apps like Urban Clap come in handy. It is quite simple to use. Just download it from Google Playstore or IOS. Register on the App and you are good to go. Browse through the categories and select which service you are interested in getting. If you wish to hire the services of a photographer or a personal trainer then you have to leave your requirements and service providers will approach you with a quote.
For the purpose of this review, I tried out the salon services for women at home.
How to book the service?
Go to the App. Choose the service you are interested in. Select your choices along with your date and time preference. Pay and wait for a provider to pick up your request.
My service provider was a lovely lady with an easy smile. She came on time. She was patient, answered my concerns and was clean in her work. I was happy with her Pedicure but the massage was just about average. The shoulder massage wasn’t really relaxing. Besides she used no oil or massage while doing it. The head massage done with oil was better. I would definitely skip massages if I try the service again. She was very gentle while threading which I appreciated as I have a sensitive skin. She used Lotus products for the crystal spa pedicure which she showed me and I was happy with the products. Overall, I was very satisfied with her service. She also left my house clean before leaving.
What I liked?
- Simple, step-by-step, easy-to-understand process of booking on the App
- One could choose a package or choose individual services as per one’s interest
- A vast array of services in 50+ categories offered
- The service provider’s profile and reviews are visible to let the customer make an informed decision
- Cancellation of the order is possible but last minute cancellations invite a cancellation fee
- Economical compared to salon prices
- I especially liked that they have hair colouring services where the customer provides the product. This is way better than what we get at the parlors. I prefer to provide my own brand of choice. It is cheaper as well. I hope they extend the same to the facials as well.
- Neat and clean professionals who are polite and courteous
- The customer can rate the service provider after the service
What can be improved?
- Limited services (eg. limited hair services) and less description in home salon services
- Service once booked cannot be modified (eg. Time changes or date changes)
- You cannot choose a service provider. For eg. If I liked a particular provider, there is no way that I can opt for her again. Apparently, the provider only has the option of choice here.
- If you get a discount code from Facebook or on the App, you can only avail of it once while booking. Even if the same booking is canceled and rebooked, you will be unable to use the code again.
- The descriptions could be better. For eg. It has 3 categories of facials. In the normal facial, one has no clue what kind of facial it will be when booking. Later you can call the technician and ask her for your choice of facial. Only if she has it can she entertain your wish. Though the ladies are open to hearing what you want.
Overall, I am satisfied with the service offered by Urban Clap. I have used their salon services twice so far. The professionals who came both times did a satisfactory job. If you don’t find time to go to the parlor or would like the same services within the privacy and comfort of your home at a lower cost, reach out to their beauty technicians. You can save money while getting the same care. Now, I am eyeing a personal trainer next.
Have you tried Urban Clap? What has been your experience?