Yes, you heard right! Please don’t have kids if you have no time for them.
It saddens me when
- A little child is sent unescorted to catch a bus at the bus stop where the child indulges in all kinds of pranks including running in front of moving cars or dangling from dangerous places.
- A sick child is sent to school because no one is at home to take care.
- Small children play unsupervised near manholes, electric poles or poke their fingers in the eyes of a stray animal, likely to attack them back in all probability.
- Bullying kids pull up other kids, many times beating them or abusing them and then become meek and lying children when they are pulled up in front of their parents.
- When a child sits for hours in front of television, numerous gadgets, videogames because who listens to the babysitter or the grandparent. The disciplinarian is missing.
- When a child is pushed to follow a rigorous schedule immediately after coming back home from school read tuitions, numerous classes (the child might be too tired or not even interested in taking them) because they have to be “occupied” till the time parents can come home.
A child is a responsibility of its parents. There are studies to prove that the molding of a child’s character, eating habits, morals, behavior etc. happens in early childhood. As adults, many are fighting off dysfunctional traits as a result of bad habits inculcated during childhood.
Life is not easy! In homes with both parents working and a nuclear family setup, a child often becomes a liability more often. One good thing about progress is that most of us with privileges have the option not to have children. Please have children if you can devote time, attention and energy to them. Children always need time, not only when they are babies, toddlers, big kids, pre-teens, teens or young adults but always! Their needs change but their requirements from their parents of time, attention and energy stays. So know what you are getting into when you plan kids. Money comes way down in the list of things a child needs. Don’t think it will make up for all else that the child is losing in the bargain!
Image courtesy: Vlado / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Do you worry about SEO optimizing the content you write? Now you need not. Get my SEO Cheat Sheet to write kickass Blog Posts that rank well.
Get it for FREE here