Roshni had given me The Generous Blogger Award in February this year. Thank you Roshni. I found this award very unique.
A description of this award — “This award doesn’t come with any rules or questions or link requirements. Instead, what I want you to do with them is copy them to your computer and give them out carefully to people who are truly amazing. Give them to the people who help you and answer your questions. Give them to the bloggers who teach you how to make a button, explain what SEO is or who share your blog with their audience. Give them to the people who don’t take sides in petty internet squabbles, who blog with integrity, who are kind to you. Give them to the people who go out on a limb and blog about controversial topics with authenticity and grace. Give them to the people who have a unique voice and stand up for things they believe in (even, no especially, when what they say might not be popular). Give them to the blogger that you never agree with, but who you like anyway because they always disagree with you respectfully and never delete your comments just because they don’t share your views. Give them to the quiet blogger that doesn’t get the attention he or she deserves. Give them to the quirky people who make you laugh because they are so honest and so real in their writing.”
Bhavana gave me the Awesome Blogger Award for the nutritious heart food served on the blog all through the year. An amazing choice of words. Feel truly honored to get it from a soul sister. Thank you Bhavana for your love, support and encouragement always!
Now onto the Liebster Awards. I am thankful to the 3 bloggers who passed them on to me:
She gave me the award in August last year. Sorry I took so long in acknowledging it *eyes lowered*. Here are her questions and my answers:
1. Do you think a 3 am friend is a myth?
Absolutely! I was willing to kill my children if they woke me at 3 am, others you can imagine :).
2. Who would you rather be? A celebrity or the Prime Minister of the country?
A sincere and efficient PM who can make some difference to the state of the country.
3. What is the one quality you’d like the older generation to imbibe from the younger one?
4. What is the one quality the older generation must pass on as legacy to the next?
Patience! Heck I can do with some too :).
5. What is your take on beauty contests?
They perpetuate stereotypes about beauty and provide poor role models for young girls apart from being commercial exercises in the guise of doing social good.
6. If there was one thing you could do to make a difference, what would that be?
Someday I would love to work with an NGO!
7. What has your electricity consumption been the last month? Is it gonna change for the better?
1700 Rs. It goes up a bit in summer and we do rationing of AC time. Since we have a home office, I guess this is not as bad.
8. Who is the one person that inspires you?
My father! He is extraordinary in the way he has led his life and continues to do so.
9. Did you ever go back to school and meet your teachers? Why?
My school has been razed :).
10. What colours would you paint with if you had just two shades to choose from?
Black and red. I just love white, black and red combination. And white is automatically there on the canvas.
11. Since I am bestowing the award, what one liner would you write describing me?
An enigma – strong yet sensitive, confrontational yet peace loving, in your face yet quiet and pensive…
Thank you Ushaji! Honored to receive the award from you. Here are her questions:
1.If you become the Prime Minister Of India, what will be your priority?
Bring corruption under control. That will free up funds for a lot of social initiatives.
2. Which book are you reading these days?
Man’s Search for Meaning!
3.Why did you start writing a blog?
To document my children’s childhood.
4.Do you like to see sun rise or sunset?
5 Do you think that cooking is a female’s prerogative?
Not at all. I enjoy cooking and so does my husband. I do more of it and better too J.
6. What do you like to see on TV?
Comedy or crime serials, news, Nat Geo!
7. Which games do you like to play?
Badminton, TT, Scrabble, Snakes & Ladders with my sons.
8. Do you believe in Destiny?
9. What do you prefer, arranged marriage or love marriage?
Love marriage any day!
10. Do you believe in God?
Not in the deities but in a Supreme Power, yes.
11. What is your favourite pastime?
Thank you for the award that came to me on International Women’s Day. Here are his questions:
1. One event in your life that you would change if you had the power to do so
Have my first child a little later than I actually did.
2. One event in the history of our nation that you would change and why
Babri Masjid demolition. It spiraled a lot of unpleasant events.
3. One event in the history of the world that you would change and why
Holocaust for the huge loss of human lives.
4. One book that you would wish unwritten from the world and why
None because even a shoddy book has loads of effort going into it.
5. One famous historic personality you wish unborn from the history of the world and why.
Hitler for what he wreaked on the world.
6. One famous scientific discovery or invention that you would like to uninvent and why?
Ultrasound for foetal sex determination for obvious reasons.
7. If you had a chance to be in some other era, which would it be and why?
Perhaps, the golden era of India when it was rich and prosperous.
8. One fictional character you wish had existed in reality and why?
One of the Superheroes – Spiderman or Superman! We really need a good person with super powers to set things right.
9. One imaginary invention or scientific discovery that you wish existed today
A key and remote control locator.
10. One historic personality you would like to bring back from dead today and why?
Subhash Chandra Bose. I think he would be a great administrator.
11. If you could get into the shoes of a historic personality or fictional character, who would it be and why?
Asterix, I just love his wit.
If you have the stomach for some more, you may read another marathon Liebster post that I did answering 44 questions, then here is the link:
And for those interested in knowing random things about me. Here is a post I had done on this subject.
Thank you everyone for your appreciation and love. I am truly humbled. I am not passing the awards on because everyone and their grandmother has already received them. My sincerest apologies for taking so long in getting down to them but at least I did it finally. And if I’ve missed acknowledging any award, please do ping me and I will include them here.
Do you worry about SEO optimizing the content you write? Now you need not. Get my SEO Cheat Sheet to write kickass Blog Posts that rank well.
Get it for FREE here