There is something very comforting about statistics especially when they reiterate what you have been aspiring/working towards. Seriously, even while reading or writing articles, I focus on statistics which quantify ambiguity and somewhere stick with the user. So why am I harping on statistics now? It is year end and it is a good time to take stock of what transpired. I love receiving the annual reports from Jetpack that give a bird’s eye view of how the year fled past.
So here are some major milestones for the blog:
- The blog had over 1,00,000 pageviews this year.
- I wrote 107 posts this year taking the total posts on the blog to 760.
- The traffic to the blog comes from 134 countries! 60% of it is from India followed by 27% from USA and 2% each from UK and Australia.
- The Top 5 referrers for the blog were Google, Facebook, Indiblogger, TopIndianblogs and Twitter. Social media does count! 😀
- My Top 5 commenters were Shailaja, Prasad, Nabanita, Latha and Beloo. I am also grateful to all my other friends and commenters who have shown constant support to my writing.
My most read posts from this year were
A couple of these posts were also featured on the Huffington Post, India. I also made my debut on Women’s Web this year. This post, Why the Indian homemaker needs to take control of her life went viral with over 1200 Facebook shares.
The Top most Posts on this blog are displayed on the sidebar. It is heartening to note that some of them were written as far back as 2010. I still have people remembering and quoting some of the older posts which is gratifying to say the least.
Some other achievements
I became the Content strategist and Editor of Money View Blog this year which has been a challenging, enjoyable and truly learning experience for me.
I also did some amazing web content for a few websites, articles, Corporate blogs, social media engagements and collaborations with a number of brands this year. Working with such a diverse and talented bunch of people has added to the enrichment of this job.
And you know what, solely by the strength of this blog and my social media friends, I was able to fight the rogue travel agency, BudgetAir.in and get Etihad Airways to push them to refund us over $3000 of our money that they had wrongfully taken from us. This showed me the power of social media and how my blog and its readers stand by me when it really matters. Thanks to each of you for that.
On that grateful and gratifying note, I wish all of you a fantastic New Year 2016. May you aim for the stars and achieve what your heart desires.
Do you worry about SEO optimizing the content you write? Now you need not. Get my SEO Cheat Sheet to write kickass Blog Posts that rank well.
Get it for FREE here