Studying abroad is something many Indian students dream of. There are many reasons for this. The added exposure that an international student gets, not to mention better job opportunities in a foreign land if you study in foreign Universities, it is much coveted. Whether you wish to study or work abroad there are many things you have to keep in mind: Having a valid passport, checking out visa applications for each country you wish to apply to, University acceptance norms and tests, how to apply for scholarships, check out boarding and food options, student loans and of course accepted English tests. Most Universities in USA, Canada, Australia and some in Europe test you on English proficiency. The same applies when you try for PR/work permit to these countries.
As someone who has closely seen a friend’s child apply and get through the English proficiency test, I would like to share some of the inputs I picked up:
Which English Language Test to Choose?
IELTS and TOEFL along with PTE offer English Language Test that are accepted by most recognized Universities around the world. In my opinion, #DefinitelyPTE is a better test to take for Indian students who are looking to apply abroad.
What is PTE Academic Test?
PTE Academic is The Pearson Test of English Academic. It is a computer-based academic English language test aimed at non-native English speakers wanting to study abroad. It tests Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking skills.
Different Questions often test 2 skills together, for eg. Reading and speaking or listening and speaking. The test is of a 3-hour duration and is taken on a computer in one session. The test environment is secure. The speaking part of the exam is also done at the computer and the voice recording is then graded.
Why is PTE Academic a Preferable English Test Option?
- While the sections are the same: Speaking and Writing, Reading and Listening, the format is easier as the entire test is computer based.
- The English tested is more of day-to-day English instead of very high quality academic English so as to test their proficiency in everyday English.
- Since the test is completely computerized, the results are declared much faster, within 5 days. This is a definite plus for students who are in a rush.
- The entire test is done at one go and on a computer. It is easier for students to attempt even for outstation ones. Also computer marking is fair and impartial and has no subjectivity involved.
- The test is held in 250 test centres around the world and is held on 360 days of the year giving students great flexibility to choose the date and venue of their choice.\Schedule PTE Academic up to twenty-four
hours in advance.
- You can schedule PTE Academic test up to twenty-four hours in advance which makes it very convenient if you need the test results soon.
- There are free sample tests available to prepare for PTE Academic Test. Also is available PTE Preparation Course that really is very useful to prepare for the test.
- PTE Academic is accepted by all universities in Australia, New Zealand and Ireland, and by a number of Universities across the USA, Canada, UK, Singapore and Europe. Some of these include prestigious institutions such as Harvard Business School, Stanford University, Imperial College in London, INSEAD and Yale. PTE Academic is also accepted for visa purposes by the Australian and New Zealand governments.
As a student aspiring to study abroad, PTE Academic is the convenient and preferable English Language test. While you worry about funds and which courses to study, #DefinitelyPTE will make it easy to take English Language Proficiency test.
Would love to hear your experiences for the same.
Disclaimer: This post is done in collaboration with PTE Academic. All thoughts shared are mine and honest.
Featured Image courtesy Intellistu on Shutterstock
Do you worry about SEO optimizing the content you write? Now you need not. Get my SEO Cheat Sheet to write kickass Blog Posts that rank well.
Get it for FREE here